Our free Northants Creative Industries Expo is Fri 24th and Sat 25th November – join us to explore, network and develop your creative career. Featuring some brilliant local and national exhibitors including Dr. Martens, publishing giant Hachette UK, BFI Network Midlands, Into Film, Narrative Alchemy, Final Pixel Academy, The Core Corby theatre and many MANY others. Brought to you with the support of the University of Northampton and Northamptonshire Community Foundation.
For University students, new creatives and established professionals
- Open to the public Day 1 Fri midday-4pm and Day 2 Sat 11am – 3pm. Talks, exhibitions and development opportunities – some exhibitors are with us for both days and some only one, so it’s worth getting your 2 tickets for the 2 days here.
- Free Friday networking opportunity 4pm-7pm at Waterside Bar.
Public schedule of talks
Please note talks are non-bookable and are on a first come first served basis on the day – just get a day ticket.
- Day 1 Fri 24 Nov
- 3pm-3.30pm An intro to Creative Access: a social enterprise providing career-long access, opportunities, support and training for people from under-represented groups, to make the creative industries reflect society. For those 18yrs+.
- 3.30pm – 4pm An intro to Into Film (up to 18yrs) and BFI Academy (16-25yrs).
- Day 2 Sat 25 Nov
- 11am – 12pm The future of the Creative Industries panel discussion
- 12pm – 1pm Creating A Living: Transferrable Skills of the Artist workshop with Roy Leighton – A practical workshop exploring how the competences of the visual and performing arts can be used in business, education and for social change.
- 1pm – 2pm Shorts2Features – How To Find Work In The Film Industry
- 1pm – 2pm ‘Can I make a living doing something creative that I love?’ – Kardi Somerfield will take you through her Fridge Street journey from sketching for fun to selling her products with guests including Georgina Sutton, a freelance illustrator and digital marketer.
- 2pm – 3pm ‘What does Northants need to prosper in the Creative Industries?’ panel discussion – we’d really love to hear your thoughts so will be throwing it open to the audience early on and maybe we can leave the Expo with some actions!
For Creative Companies or Employers
- Creative Alliance are the leading specialist in Creative, Digital, and Marketing apprenticeships. We help businesses develop successful apprenticeship programmes using tailored training specifically created for work-based learning and the creative and digital sectors. Based in Birmingham but delivering our service across the UK, we are working with a variety of clients including McCann, BBJ&K, ITV, NHS, Severn Trent, Global Media and JCB. Apprenticeships are built into any company looking to develop a diverse, effective and successful talent pipeline for their organisation. Apprentices help you grow, support departments with workloads and often become key team members. Creative Alliance offers companies a dedicated and free recruitment service that makes sure we get the right talent into the right workplace. We have intrinsic and extensive knowledge of working with young talent within the creative and digital sectors. It is all we do. Come to the Northants Creative Expo 3pm-4pm on Friday 24th November and sit down and talk to us about what your options are, success stories, how much it costs and how you can hire an apprentice and support and grow your team. Book a free place here.
School group bookings are now full but students may attend independently or in small groups Friday PM or all day Saturday.
Read more about each day and book here Schedule + Tickets | Northampton Film Festival 2023 (eventive.org)
Speakers and exhibitors include Final Pixel Academy, CARRIER-media, Narrative Alchemy, Royal & Derngate, The Core Corby, Ziggurat XYZ, artist Sally Sheinman, film producer Tyla Sharp, film director Laurence Maybury, So Very Creative, Fridge Street, Creative Alliance, Sage Communications, Creative Access, Emmy award-winning ADR Supervisor Tim Hands, writer/director Jack James, Screen Northants, Into Film, Games Development social enterprise Buildersbrew, NLive radio and lots of the University creative departments including Events, Tourism and Hospitality, Film, Fashion, Advertising, Acting, Hair and Make Up, Games, Animation and Music. Many more coming soon. Please note, exhibitors may change at the last minute.
In 2022 we did a Film & Television-specific event: